The 2015/16 Summer series is here and we have mixed things up a bit, we feel it should make way for an even better, more exciting and friendly atmosphere with changes to timing, event starting, race formats and categories. This year we have an even bigger focus on getting the whole family involved, we have categorised kids events and a family friendly pricing in a bid to have the whole family behind the bars and having an enjoyable evening of MTB fun.
The first event is this Tuesday, the 27th of October. Primarily this will be a 'Come & Try' session with a briefing on the upcoming series followed by a guided tour of the course. Following on from the course tour there will be a grade based time trial event.
Tuesday the 27th of October will be a free event with the aim to attract new riders, so please bring along your family, or a friend. Please register your attendance for this event.
- 10 events scheduled to run between 27th of October and 15th of March (Tuesday evenings)
- Events run fortnightly with a short break over Christmas and resuming on January 19th
- Juniors U13, Registration 5:30pm for a 5:45 start. (Racing categories 3-7 years, 8-10 years and 11 &12 years)
- Adults & Juniors (13- U18), Registration 6:00pm for a 6:30pm start.
- Majority of events will be run at Spring Gully, with a couple of feature events held at Andy's Trail Network, refer to the club website and Facebook posts for more detailed calendars.
- Various methods of timing will be used depending on the type of event run.
- The first event (27/10/2015) will be a Time Trial (TT), this will be started in categories based on 2014/15 competitors series handicaps.
- Riders may fluctuate between grades throughout the series based on prior race results.
- Aggregated series points will be awarded to 1st - 5th for each category along with bonus points awarded for 1st -3rd most improved rider based on improvement on handicap (similar to prior years).
- Ride allocation into categories or grades is at the sole discretion of the timing officials, with their decision being final.
- Australian approved safety standard helmets are mandatory for all participants. Riders bicycles must be maintained to a condition that would render them safe for use.
- No timing adjustments will be entertained for malfunctioning equipment.
- The club's newly acquired fleet of Trek Bikes will be available for use at the club events, bookings are essential and on a first in, first served basis.
- Riders of the club's Trek Bikes must supply their own helmet that fits correctly and adheres to the Australian safety standards.
This year the club has made a conscientious effort to reward those holding Club Memberships in the form of MTBA licences. WHOLE SERIES entries as follows.
- Junior U18 - $35.00
- Adult - $50.00
- Family - $100.00 - Family consists of parents and kids.
- Non MTBA racers will need to pay a $20.00 day licence PER EVENT as per MTBA rulings, with no discounts given.
- Per race entry is $10 per rider, per event.
- To be eligible for the overall series prizes you must register and pay in full for the whole series prior to the second event (10/11/2015), more details on this below.
MTBA membership and the insurances contained within provide our club with the required cover to run events from social rides to club races to our major club fundraisers in the Golden Triangle Epic and the Bendigo 6hr. If you are not already a member, of MTBA, perhaps now should be the time you considered purchasing your cover and become a financial member of the Bendigo Mountain Bike Club, not only will you ride with the freedom and knowledge that you have the best possible personal cover you can get you will also save yourself a great deal of money in day licence fees.
- MTBA Membership pricing for 12 months, including club membership
- Dirtmaster Membership 3-12 years $45 ($40 MTBA + $5 club membership)
- Junior Membership 13-18 years $100.00 ($85 MTBA + $15 club membership)
- Senior Membership 19 years and over $135 ($120 MTBA + $15 club membership)
- More info on MTBA memberships http://www2.mtba.asn.au/membership/
Registration for the 2015/16 Bendigo Mountain Bike Club Summer Series via entryzone between 27/10 & 08/11/2015.